Cuc Phuong: Crowned Asia’s Best National Park in 2023
Asia, a continent teeming with natural wonders and breathtaking landscapes, has chosen its leading national park for 2023. And the crown goes to… Cuc Phuong National Park in northern Vietnam!
The Prestigious World Travel Awards
Initiated in 1993, the World Travel Awards have been a beacon, shining light on the pinnacle of success in the travel and tourism industry. Garnering recognition here is not just an honor, it’s an affirmation of excellence.
Rivals in the Competition
Cuc Phuong’s feat becomes all the more impressive considering the competition. Renowned parks like Chitwan National Park in Nepal, Japan’s Fuji-Hakone-Izu, Kinabalu in Malaysia, Indonesia’s Komodo, Minneriya of Sri Lanka, and Malaysia’s Taman Negara were all contenders for this esteemed title.
An Introduction to Cuc Phuong National Park
Resting 120 kilometers south of Hanoi, Cuc Phuong isn’t just a park; it’s a piece of history. Nestled within the Tam Diep mountain range, Cuc Phuong boasts the title of Vietnam’s first national park.
Incepted in 1962, this vast expanse stretches across three provinces – Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh, and Thanh Hoa. Encompassing 22,000 hectares, it’s a testament to Vietnam’s dedication to preserving its natural heritage.
Biodiversity and Notable Species
A paradise for nature enthusiasts, Cuc Phuong is a treasure trove of biodiversity. Hosting over 2,200 plant and moss species, about 65 fish species, over 120 reptile and amphibian species, nearly 2,000 insect species, and a staggering 135 mammal species, the park is a living museum. Among its residents, the endangered delacour’s langur stands out, symbolizing Cuc Phuong’s commitment to conservation.
Tourist Attractions and Activities in Cuc Phuong
For those keen on immersing themselves in nature’s tapestry, late April to early May beckons with a butterfly season. But that’s not all. From traversing the ancient forest and visiting Muong Village to wildlife observation, cycling, and joining hands in conservation initiatives, Cuc Phuong promises an experience unlike any other.
Celebrating the Recognition
In homage to this remarkable achievement, an event honoring Cuc Phuong’s win is all set to dazzle Ho Chi Minh City on September 6.
For the fifth consecutive year, Cuc Phuong National Park stands tall as Asia’s top national park, reminding us of the beauty and wonders nature holds. With its rich history, vast biodiversity, and a plethora of activities, it’s no wonder the park continues to earn such accolades.
- Which national park has won “Asia’s Leading National Park” for the fifth year?
- Cuc Phuong National Park in northern Vietnam.
- When was the World Travel Awards established?
- The World Travel Awards were established in 1993.
- What is unique about the biodiversity of Cuc Phuong National Park?
- The park is home to over 2,200 plant and moss species, around 65 fish species, more than 120 reptile and amphibian species, nearly 2,000 insect species, and 135 mammal species.
- When is the best time to witness the butterfly season in Cuc Phuong?
- Late April to early May is butterfly season in Cuc Phuong.
- Where and when will the event honoring Cuc Phuong’s award take place?
- The event is scheduled to take place in Ho Chi Minh City on September 6.