Hanoi’s Weekend Extravaganza: From Art to Music and Gastronomy
Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, is not just known for its rich history and stunning architecture but is also a melting pot of cultures, art, and entertainment. This weekend in Hanoi promises an eclectic mix of events that cater to art lovers, music enthusiasts, and foodies alike.
1. Exhibition “Stratum Zero” The Modern Spirit of Vietnamese Art The Outpost Collection brings together Vietnamese artists to showcase their interpretation of Asian culture and history. The “Stratum Zero” exhibition is an amalgamation of traditional and contemporary art forms that reflect Vietnam’s evolving art scene.
Venue: The Outpost Art Organization, Roman Plaza Tower B1, To Huu Street. Date & Time: September 12 to December 3, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (Tuesdays to Sundays)
2. The Beatles in Jazz Iconic Tunes with a Jazzy Twist For those who’ve loved the timeless tracks of The Beatles, here’s a fresh take. Revel in the jazz versions of these classics and get ready to tap your feet.
Venue: Polygon Musik, No. 29, Alley 31, Lane 167 Tay Son, Dong Da District. Date & Time: September 17, 8:30 p.m. onwards
3. An Evening of Japanese City Pop Vintage Vibes from the East Experience the retro charm of Japanese City Pop with DJ K•A•Z from Hiroshima. A trip down the musical lanes of the 70s and 80s of Japan awaits.
Venue: Standing Bar, 170 Tran Vu Street, Ba Dinh District. Date & Time: 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
4. Bottomless Brunch Endless Delights for the Gastronome Hummingbird’s Bottomless Brunch is back. Dive into a spread of delicious brunch items paired with unlimited drinks.
Venue: Hummingbird – Restaurant & Cocktail Bar, 56B Tran Quoc Toan Street, Hoan Kiem District. Date: Every Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. Story of the Old Streets Melodic Tales of Hanoi’s Heritage Embark on a musical journey that portrays Hanoi’s rich musical heritage. This acoustic program offers a nostalgic experience, shedding light on the city’s traditional music.
Venue: Hanoi Old Quarter Cultural Exchange Center, No. 50, Dao Duy Tu Street, Hoan Kiem District. Date & Time: September 16, from 8 p.m.
The city’s vibrant ambiance promises to offer memorable experiences, be it through art exhibitions, musical nights, or gastronomic adventures. Whether you’re a local or a traveler, Hanoi’s weekend lineup assures an eventful time. Dive into the cultural richness of the city and let Hanoi’s charm sweep you off your feet.
In 2023, where being ‘connected’ is synonymous with being alive, choosing to disconnect can seem daunting. Yet, the myriad benefits of a digital detox are undeniable. As we aim to find balance in a hyper-connected world, regularly unplugging becomes essential, not just to recharge our devices but our very essence. Remember, the world won’t stop if you go offline for a while, but your well-being might improve significantly if you do. Embrace the power of digital detoxing, and rediscover a world beyond screens.