Phu Quoc and Hoi An: Southeast Asia’s Luxurious Bar Gems
A good bar is more than just the drinks it offers; it’s about the ambiance, the company, and the experience. And in Southeast Asia, few bars stand out like the Sailing Club in Phu Quoc and the Shore Club in Hoi An. So, what makes them the toast of the town? Let’s dive in.
Sailing Club, Phu Quoc
Location and Ambiance Nestled along Long Beach in the southern island of Phu Quoc, the Sailing Club offers more than just picturesque sunsets. Its outdoor swimming pool promises refreshing dips, while the lounge bar, situated right on the beach, calls for tranquil afternoons. Can you imagine anything better than sipping a cocktail, toes in the sand, and a view that takes your breath away?
Menu Highlights From midday to 10 p.m., patrons are treated to an array of Asian dishes that delight the palate. And of course, the drinks, ranging from VND120,000-995,000, ensure that there’s something for everyone.
SCMP’s Review The South China Morning Post praises the Sailing Club, mentioning, “Enjoy your sunsets from the Sailing Club, an all-day beach club with its own stretch of white sand. As night falls, this upscale hotspot becomes a hub for pool parties and unforgettable happy hours.”
Shore Club, Hoi An
Location and Ambiance Tucked away on a private stretch of sand in the heart of An Bang Beach, merely three kilometers from Hoi An’s ancient town, the Shore Club beckons. Its design, bathed in hues of white and blue, captures the essence of a beachside retreat.
Events and Activities Catering to families during the day, the Club transforms into a party zone as DJs take over by night. And for the adventure seekers, there’s parasailing, jet skiing, and banana boat rides awaiting just outside.
Cocktail Offerings No beachside bar is complete without a cocktail menu. At the Shore Club, drinks range from $15-25, ensuring that every guest finds their perfect mix.
A Glimpse into Other Notable Bars in Southeast Asia
Indonesia’s Party Havens Bars like Ku De Ta, Sundays Beach Club, and Desa Potato Head ensure Indonesia stays high on the list of party destinations.
Phuket’s Café del Mar With its chilled vibes, this bar adds another layer of relaxation to Phuket’s reputation.
Singapore’s Tanjong Beach Club A marriage of sophistication and fun, it’s the place to be for an upscale beach party.
The Philippines’ Aqua Beach Club Angeles City Offering a blend of fun and relaxation, this club showcases the best of Filipino hospitality.
Malaysia’s The Beach Club at The Datai Langkawi A confluence of nature and luxury, this bar promises an experience like no other.
Thailand’s Nikki Beach Renowned for its parties, Nikki Beach ensures Thailand’s party spirit remains unbeatable.
Southeast Asia, with its diverse cultures and stunning landscapes, offers a plethora of luxurious bars that guarantee an experience to remember. Whether you’re a party animal or a tranquillity seeker, places like the Sailing Club and the Shore Club, among others, ensure you’re in for a treat. So, the next time you’re in this part of the world, where will you be sipping your cocktail?
- Are these bars family-friendly?
- Yes, many of them, including the Shore Club in Hoi An, offer family-friendly environments during the day.
- What is the average price range for drinks at these bars?
- It varies, but at places like the Sailing Club, drinks range from VND120,000-995,000, and at the Shore Club, they range from $15-25.
- Is it necessary to book in advance?
- While walk-ins are welcomed, given their popularity, it’s advisable to make a reservation, especially during peak seasons.
- Do these bars offer any local drinks or specialties?
- Absolutely! Each bar often has a menu reflecting the local flavors and ingredients, making for unique concoctions.
- Are there any dress codes to be aware of?
- Most of these bars have a relaxed beach vibe, but it’s always a good idea to check with the specific bar in advance.