Vietnam’s Bars Shine Among Asia’s Elite
When it comes to a unique and memorable bar experience, Asia certainly doesn’t fall short. And this year, Vietnam has left an indelible mark with three of its bars making it to Asia’s top 100 list.
The Prestigious List
The list, curated by William Reed Business Media based in the UK, is an annual compilation that ranks the best bars in Asia. The ranking is determined by the votes of the Asia’s 50 Best Bars Academy, a group of 260 members spanning bar industry professionals, drink journalists, and mixology maestros.
Dive Into Vietnam’s Top Bars
Stir Bar: A Glimpse of Vintage Vietnam
Situated on Le Thanh Ton Street, Stir Bar is a haven for those looking to relive the golden eras of Vietnam during the 1960s and 1970s. Found on the first floor of an apartment building, this bar offers cocktails influenced by traditional Vietnamese street drinks. This cozy establishment can host 40 patrons, featuring a patio with a mesmerizing view of the Ben Thanh market. Notably, it stands proudly at the 82nd spot on the list.
The Haflington: A Cocktail Museum in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
The Haflington, perched in the attic of an aged house on Hang Ma Street, gives visitors the vibe of a European-inspired private museum. Taking the 85th spot, it boasts an impressive dinosaur skeleton suspended above the bar, complemented by vintage decor. But it’s not just about the aesthetics; their cocktail game, infused with tropical fruits, is on point too.
Enigma: Sci-Fi Meets Vietnamese Flavors
Enigma, situated on Hai Ba Trung Street in HCMC’s District 1, is a delightful blend of the future and the past. With its sci-fi-inspired interiors lit by green and pink neon lights, it bagged the 96th spot. Enigma boasts a menu of 30 signature cocktails, incorporating local ingredients in delightful and innovative ways.
Asia’s Reigning Champion
While Vietnam’s bars are making their mark, the coveted top spot went to Hong Kong’s Coa for the third consecutive year. Under the stewardship of Jay Khan, Coa has specialized in mezcal and agave spirits, proving to be an unbeatable contender.
With diverse themes, local flavors, and world-class mixology, it’s no surprise that Vietnamese bars have secured their place among Asia’s best. From vintage vibes to futuristic interiors, each establishment offers a unique taste of Vietnamese hospitality and innovation.
- What criteria are used to rank the bars in the list?
- The rankings are based on votes from Asia’s 50 Best Bars Academy, consisting of industry professionals, media, and mixology experts.
- Where is Stir Bar located?
- Stir Bar is located on Le Thanh Ton Street, opposite the Ben Thanh Market in Ho Chi Minh City.
- What’s unique about The Haflington’s decor?
- The Haflington boasts a three-meter-long dinosaur skeleton suspended above the bar, coupled with vintage-themed decor.
- How does Enigma’s ambiance stand out?
- Enigma offers a sci-fi ambiance with green and pink neon lights, creating a surreal atmosphere.
- Which bar secured the top position in Asia this year?
- Hong Kong’s Coa was crowned the best bar in Asia for the third year in a row.